If you work in an office, you’ll know that you get to know your colleagues very quickly. There’s always a quiet one, a loud one and an annoying one – but what are the characteristics of these colleagues? We’ve taken a look at the 6 types of people you’re bound to come across in your office, with a little help from Peep Show characters.
Read on to work out which one you are!
The Johnson of the office is always on the road to a promotion by getting matey with the top bosses. They’re full of wisecracks and always have some words of wisdom that you may (or may not) need – they don’t care, they’ll give it to you anyway! Take everything they say with a pinch of salt, and watch your back around this person – they’re ruthless!
- Probably owns a Ferrari
- Usually gives everyone in the office a derogatory nick name, eg. Porky
- Can often be found car-pooling to conferences in Kettering
The Corrigan is an unusual person, with odd characteristics. They’re good at what they do – but they don;t really have the sophistication or confidence to do it. They’re usually pretty awkward, so that means most of the time you can find them eating lunch alone in the corner of the canteen.
- Despite the general awkwardness of this type of person, they’re usually good at forming relationships in the workplace.
- Don’t trust them to do big presentations or pitches – they could possibly jump out the window to avoid doing them.
You know that colleague who goes a bit too crazy at the work christmas party? Or the one that takes at least 1 hungover sick day a week? Sound familiar? This type of person is always up for a bit of fun, which is nice…. but can be pretty annoying too.
- Always smell of booze.
- Is a bit too friendly with the receptionist
The Super Hans:
This type of office worker is a loveable idiot. They don’t seem to do anything all day apart from wander between desks looking for a piece of cake or some conversation.
- Can usually be found wandering aimlessly through the corridors.
- Can never usually be trusted with anything important in the workplace.
The Dobby. Everyone’s got one. Everyone shouldn’t have one. That’s right you guessed it – the office crush. If you’ve ever come across a Dobby, you could probably tell from the flustered conversation and the fact you forgot where your desk is once you’d spoken to them.
- Is usually found in the IT department.
- Likes couscous for lunch.
This type of person always seems to be incredibly popular despite having the world’s worst sense of humour and never making anyone else in the office a cup of tea.
- Sarcasm is the only language they know.
- Is the type of person who uses the word ‘banter’ un-ironically
Which one are you? We’d love to hear what you think over on Twitter @UndercoverRec.