All of my clients want more time.
They also want to get more done.
They want to improve their reach (and placement ratio) using social media.
They want to improve brand awareness.
They want more leads (or at least better jobs to work on).
They want to be smart and innovative.
Let’s not start on the obvious statement of wanting to source and attract talent.
And they get into work, logon and it all goes Pete Tong. And it gets to 5pm, they’re logging off (yeah right!) and they are nowhere near achieving these clearly critical objectives. But, boy have they been busy!
Is this you? Are you a super-speedy-busy-recruiter…?
…who never gets enough done?
Would you like more focus, and a time machine?
How about trying a new (10 minute) routine?
Spend 1 minute doing each of the things below:
- Send one interesting tweet and reply to another tweet. Those of you who tweet need to get jiggy with the reply button – this is about engagement. You don’t need to get fluffy, you just need to stop with the constant retweets and boring hashtag’d jobs and speak to me (it’s not hard – I bet you do it every Friday night in the bar!).
- Check 3 of your clients’ Facebook pages and look for jobs/content. You never know what information, jobs or movers and shakers you may see. You may even see some talent!
- Go into your “Keep in Touch” menu on LinkedIn and check through your contacts. Look for birthdays, movers and shakers, job changes, job anniversaries (people with itchy feet?).
- Check 1 LinkedIn group and see if there are any new jobs or discussions. Stop deleting those group digest emails – they have jobs in!
- Check YouTube for something – it is, after all, the 3rd most popular website on the planet. Companies share jobs and company data on YouTube – as well as ice bucket challenges.
- Schedule a #FF (Follow Friday) tweet and feel organised. There’s a right way and a wrong way – but your ultimate objective should be to attract attention whilst stroking someone’s hair!
- Check your LinkedIn home page newsfeed and like / comment / share other’s content (it’s not all about you!) And don’t forget to press the All Updates filter – you won’t have time to read everything.
- Nip into the Jobs part of LinkedIn and hunt for jobs that you can work, curse your clients for advertising without you, and curse your competitors for working on. Also note that you’ll even find talent in some jobs (oh my!).
- Nip into the Undercover Recruiter and Barclay Jones Blogs and read the latest content! (These are not the droids you’re looking for!)
- Nip into one of your target companies on LinkedIn and attract attention by engaging with their latest updates (talent follows companies – show your face!). 71% of people who follow a company are job seekers – so get to the party and show your face on the dance floor.
I know you have loads to do, but how about trying out some (or indeed all) of the above. Getting into a routine is always an effective thing to do (diets, running, washing, ironing… and here I enter the zone of things I don’t WANT to get into a routine for). I’m off to start point 1!