The best employers to work for in the UK have been revealed by Reed.co.uk and their Employer Brand Index 2012. It reveals the organisations UK employees most want to work for.
Over 2,000 workers shared their top employer brand, favourite business personality and the reasons why they mean so much to them.
Key takeaways from this study:
- There is a strong loyalty towards British brands with reputation for quality, like Virgin, the BBC and John Lewis
- Generation Y are primarily interested in training and development, Google is their preferred employer
- Generation X look for pay, benefits and conditions, Virgin is their choice employer
- Boomers are looking for rewards and recognition, the BBC is the winner in this segment
- Words used to sum up top employer brands include ‘admired’, ‘fresh thinking’ and ‘credible’
- UK workers want to work for celebrities; business people with strong personal brands such as Sir Richard Branson and Lord Sugar
Top image: Shutterstock