“When can you start?” After months of careful preparation and countless interviews, these words are full of promise.
Yet one or two missteps in the early days at a new company can have a long-term impact on your future opportunities. Starting off on the right foot is important for any new job, in any industry. This is especially true for new college graduates. To make sure you hit the ground running, our friends at Socialcast pulled together a few pointers for you.
- Introduce yourself in person as well as on any internal social networks the company may have
- Be innovative and offer ideas for how to enhance products or services
- Get involved and be part of company initiatives and social activities
- Get regular feedback from people you trust to provide you with points for improvement
- Always ask questions, don’t be afraid to get clarifications when something seems foreign to you
Related: How to Survive and Thrive in Your New Job [5 Useful Tactics]