How do recruiters and HR professionals in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia use social media?
Thanks to AMS and Chapman Consulting Group for this infographic of the use of social media in HR and recruitment in Asia Pacific.
- 100% of HR and communications workers in Asia Pacific utilise social media – compared to 78% of HR managers.
- 85% of recruiters in Asia Pacific use social media – 90% using LinkedIn, compared to 63% using Facebook and 31% using Twitter.
- Singapore are known as the embracers – they understand social media and use it more frequently, more extensively and more purposes than other areas.
- Australia are the communicators – they like to talk and listen through social media and like to focus on employer branding and sourcing.
- Hong Kong aren’t totally convinced of the positives of using social media for recruitment, however they use it for many other activities.
- China is still testing social media in recruitment – they recognise the benefits but are not sure whether to fully commit at present.