Got a LinkedIn profile? Congrats. Now you’re only competing for attention with another 500+ million users.
By putting some time into building your profile, you can stand out from the crowd and we’ve put some of our tips into the infographic below. You may or may not reach perfection but hopefully you’ll get some ideas.
- Start with a good picture. People like visuals on your profile and your professional photo is the most important one.
- The profile headline is prime real estate on your profile, make the most of it.
- People outside your network can’t see your contact details so make sure to put them in your summary.
- Keep things fresh by doing regular status updates, share interesting and useful content.
- Customising the website links and especially your profile URL is crucial for optimising your profile.
- Make sure you speak directly to your target audience and make it relevant to their needs.
- Join groups and follow companies to get relevant content. Do you follow us by the way?