With the London startup careers fair SiliconMilkRoundabout taking place in East London, the good folks at Adzuna have gathered some start up and technology employment data below that might be of interest to companies and jobseekers alike.
One thing is for sure, London start-ups drive a hot tech employment market and here are some of the key findings from the study:
- There are 3,134 Graduate technical jobs available in the UK and over 1,000 in London currently listed on Adzuna, the UK’s most comprehensive job search engine.
- The average Banking IT salary is £57k which is 19% higher than the average tech start up salary. Tech startups offer greater job satisfaction and the upside of options, but this salary gap is what the start hiring community is up against.
- 23% of start ups currently hiring in London are offering stock to graduate tech employees; 0% of banks hiring graduates are offering stock.
- Graduate Mobile developers can demand a premium, with the average graduate salary for iPhone developers at £34k and Android developers at £35k, 20% higher than the average graduate tech job.
- Despite what appears to be an abundance of tech jobs in the UK, 13.1% of computer science graduates remain unemployed (source: HESA). 7,000+ computer scientists graduated this summer from University in the UK.