If you’re looking for a job, you need a strong personal brand – it’s crucial. You can’t be applying for jobs with a weak personal brand or one that doesn’t amaze recruiters and headhunters!
However, how do you go around creating a personal branding strategy? How can you build one that’s strong, will stand the test of time and beat off everyone else?
This infographic from Sestyle.it outlines the 9 basic steps to doing just that.
- Who: What are your skills, your passions and your USPs? What makes you stand out from the crowd?
- Perceived: What do your friends, colleagues and Google say about you?
- Achieve: What do you want to do in your sector and market and in what style?
- Brand: Use emotions, words, images and storytelling to build your brand.
- Ecosystem: Create a blog and use social networks to build your ecosystem.
- Network: Add influencers, communities and people you know offline into your network.
- Content: Create original content across your blog and social media.
- Get involved: Be part of conversations, comments and sharing other people’s content.
- Monitor: Watch trends and news – and monitor your content and social media.