A strong LinkedIn profile is always a necessity for any type of job seeker, as it’s a place to show your true talents.
However, there are now 300 million users on LinkedIn and you’re competing against them all – how can you win?
Last year, we published a guide on building the perfect LinkedIn profile, and this time we’ve teamed up with our friends at LinkedIn to bring an updated and even better guide – including all the latest facts, figures and more.
You find the updated version below – and if you have any questions, feel free to tweet us @LinkHumans!
- Be active: it could really help to get you noticed as a pro-active LinkedIn user by publishing content on the site.
- Groups: It’s still important to join and be active in groups. Not only will this look good for potential employers or clients searching for you but will actually mean your profile is 5 times more likely to be viewed.
- Detail: Be sure your LinkedIn profile is completely up to date with as much information as possible.
- Remember: A summary of 40 words or more makes you more likely to turn up in a future employer’s search!
- Visual: Make your profile stand out by adding rich media (videos, slides etc). Even just adding a profile photo could result in 14 times more profile views than someone without!
- Volunteering: Lacking in formal experience? Don’t despair! 42% of hiring managers surveyed by LinkedIn said they view volunteer experience as equivalent to formal work experience.
- Skills: It’s important to showcase what skills you have, members who add skills get around 13 times more profile views.