For many recruiters LinkedIn is their go to resource for finding top talent to fill their roles and likewise do job seekers use their LinkedIn profiles as a means of promoting themselves as potential candidates and to make professional contacts.
But how exactly do you go about locating these individuals? There are 332,000,000 million people on LinkedIn, so it may take a bit of rooting, but with the searching facilities, job listings and LinkedIn groups it makes it possible to pinpoint candidates with the right skill set and experience.
Check out this infographic by Akken Cloud to find out how to unearth the top candidates.
- There are 187,000,000 unique monthly visitors to LinkedIn and 2 new members join every second.
- There are LinkedIn users located in 200 countries and territories.
- 2 out of 5 LinkedIn users log in at least once a day.
- 92% of companies use social networks such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to recruit candidates, however LinkedIn is the top platform for doing so.
- 75% of professionals are open to considering a new job, however only 61% of companies are recruiting passive candidates, which is what 3 out of 4 LinkedIn users are.
LinkedIn Recruiting Tips:
- Create a company page as it will give you more credibility when candidates search for you. Make sure it is complete and you stay active.
- Take the time to write an accurate and descriptive job listing, based on objectives rather than personality traits.
- Keep an eye on what others are doing, for example your competitors and those in relevant groups.
- Communicate with candidates through personalised messages and by setting up phone calls. Be prompt in responding to any questions and replies.
- Nurture passive candidates, as they may be willing to consider job opportunities. The “Update Me” feature allows Recruiter users to get updates on up to 150 profiles when there are changes to the prospect.
Click To Enlarge