Is it money? Is it career development? Competing for the very best talent can get tedious. Candidates don’t line up in masses for jobs like they used to. So what do candidates really want?
We sit down with Jon Addison of LinkedIn to learn how he drives Talent Solutions at the company, and what his research reveals about candidate experience and how employers can improve with it. Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Who Jon is, and a complete overview of LinkedIn’s latest research; ‘Inside the Mind of the Candidate‘
- What candidates want to hear from recruiters
- Why involvement from a hiring manager during the hiring process is absolutely critical
- How to stand out with the first message you send to candidates
- How long candidates spend gathering information before actually applying
- How you can help candidates present the best version of themselves at the interview stage
- What irritates candidates most during the interview process
- The main reasons why candidates change jobs, and how money, fit and challenge ties into this
- The three main takeaways for employer brand managers that they can implement tomorrow
Connect with Jon on LinkedIn and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.