Twitter – it’s extremely popular in this modern age of always being connected (we’re even on it too – @UndercoverRec!) – but how can you use it to recruit the top talent? Should you be using direct messages or @mentions to contact prospective candidates?
The folks at Akken Cloud have created this handy infographic on using the site for recruitment – please leave any other comments, tips or tricks in the comments below or tweet them to use!
- Over 58% of job seekers use Twitter in their job search, with 76% looking at company profiles for opportunities.
- Job seekers’ usage of each social network is slowly growing each year – especially for Facebook and Twitter.
- There are various ways to connect with job seekers on Twitter: via hashtags and tweetchats amongst others.
- 78% of Fortune 500 recruiting tweets contain a hashtag.
- Job seekers use Twitter to connect with companies with:
- 55% following companies.
- 34% applying for tweeted job postings.
- 33% using Twitter to communicate with companies and recruiters.
- To actively recruit well on Twitter:
- Treat Twitter like a virtual networking event.
- Retweet job postings at different times of the day, to ensure you reach all followers.