Recruiters can make mistakes too! Turns out they’re only human, just like the rest of us.
Here are the top 10 screening mistakes made by recruiters, as reported by Resoomay in an interesting infographic.
- 79% of businesses hired candidates that had exaggerated their CVs/résumés, whereas ignoring an overqualified candidate can cause harm, as there is never a perfect match.
- Too many recruiters don’t ask the right questions in interviews – they ask superficial questions instead that waste time – however an interview only increases the chance of finding the best candidate by 2%, so should not be the only aspect of recruitment.
- Recruiters need to get a clear idea of respondents’ personalities or temperaments before interviewing, and also need to check references! 25% of recruiters don’t check references – which is a BIG mistake.
- A good communication strategy between your hiring team is crucial to gain a perfect recruitment result.
- Taking a candidate on simply from the résumé because of lack of time, can increase turnover costs and cause more harm than good.
- A vague job description means more job applicants, and recruiters need to ensure they sell the company to the candidate to make them excited and interested.