Valentine’s Day is here and one of 2 things is likely are like to happen:
- It’s time to book a restaurant, take out your significant other and then text/tweet on your respective smart phones. Easy!
- It’s time to go out with your single mates and get totally annihilated (Undercover Recruiter always suggests you drink sensibly).
We normally blog about tech, social etc… blah blah blah! Today we want to get a little soppy and talk about lurrrrrvve…or as recruiters used to call it in our day: “scoring”. #unit
Apparently 80% of relationships start in the office (perhaps 81% finish there?). May I suggest that for recruiters that, yes, 80% may start there but then they kind of continue, trip and fall, end, start again and then either explode or implode (a little like the life cycle of a candidate?).
I’ve picked my brain (and maybe my history) and come up with some tips for surviving a recruiter office romance. Here are 8 tips for recruiters to ensure that their office romance doesn’t get out of control!
1) Never go out in public:
Stay hidden in one of your respective homes for at least 6 months!
2) At office parties – totally slag each other off:
Stay well clear of each other.
3) At office parties – totally get off with each other:
It is a party, isn’t it?
4) Get spotted at IKEA?
If you need to go to IKEA, and you’re spotted, have the following line ready: “we’re here to get cable trunking for the office”!
5) Overcompensate at work:
Give each other a really hard time!
6) Own really mainstreams cars:
So, when you follow each other in to work on the route that everyone else follows, you’re not spotted! Perfect!
7) Don’t disappear together:
Don’t disappear into the server room together to tidy the cables! We all know what you’re doing!
8) Get married!
Have kids and start your own business!
There! Who said that we’re not practical? Any other tips? Let us know in the comments below!