We’d all love to walk into a job interview cool as a cucumber and wow our interviewer with our natural air of confidence and charisma; however for a lot of us this vision is something of a dream, as the mere thought of an interview brings us out in a cold sweat.
A lot hangs on the success of a job interview, so it’s understandable that it can be a stressful experience. From worrying that we haven’t prepared enough, to panicking about the interviewer not liking us, there are countless factors that can turn us into a nervous wreck and nerves can make us do strange things.
Perhaps not usually as strange as this though…
CareerBuilder have released a new list of some of the strangest things that recruiters have experienced candidates do in a job interview. Here’s what topped the list:
- Candidate took a family photo off of the interviewer’s desk and put it into her purse.
- Candidate started screaming that the interview was taking too long.
- Candidate said her main job was being a psychic/medium and tried to read interviewer’s palm, despite interviewer’s attempts to decline the offer.
- When asked what her ideal job was, candidate said “painter of bird houses.” (Company was hiring for a data entry clerk.)
- Candidate sang her responses to questions.
- Candidate put lotion on her feet during the interview.
- When asked why he wanted the position, candidate replied, “My wife wants me to get a job.”
- Candidate started feeling interviewer’s chest to find a heartbeat so they could “connect heart to heart.”
- Candidate had a pet bird in her shirt.
- Candidate took phone interview in the bathroom – and flushed.