Unemployment in the US has reached it’s lowest since the beginning of the Great Recession in 2008, so are things looking up for the US workforce and economy?
Jobvite have put together this infographic outlining the state of employment across the US in 2015.
What is the unemployment rate?
- There is currently the lowest unemployment rate in the US since 2008.
- In March 2015 the unemployment rate was 5.5%, in comparison to 10% in October 2009.
What is the economy looking like?
- The economy is looking healthy in 2015.
- Q1 growth exceeded that of Q4 in 2014.
- 2.94 million jobs were added last year which is the highest in two decades.
What is the state of the nation?
- The biggest job gains were in California, Ohio and Michigan.
- The biggest job losses were in Virginia, Louisiana and Maine.
What industries are hot right now?
- Health care has an expected job growth of 48% by 2022.
- There are expected to be 46% more jobs as interpreters/translators by 2022.
- Large rises are also predicted in the energy/environment sector and cyber security.
[Image Credit: Shutterstock]