Oh yes, it’s that time of year again. Our friends at CEO.com searched for the social profiles of every single CEO on the FORTUNE 500 list on five popular social networks to determine which CEOs are lighting up social media – and which CEOs are still in the dark. Here’s a peek at what they found:
- A whopping 68% of CEOs have no social presence whatsoever on the five social networks.
- More CEOs are on Instagram than on Google+.
- On average, younger CEOs are much more social than older CEOs.
- LinkedIn dominates as the “entry” network of choice for CEOs. Of those CEOs who are only on one social network, 74% are on LinkedIn.
- Only 69% of CEOs who have Twitter accounts are actually tweeting.
- The CEOs of the Fortune 500 are starting to get it: sociability matters.
RELATED: How to Become a Social CEO
Learn more about becoming a social CEO in our interview with the Chief Reputation Strategist of Weber Shandwick, Dr. Leslie Gaines-Ross (also available in iTunes).