Having friends at work is great, it gives you something to look forward to when you get up in the morning and provides you with an incentive to actually come into work.
You want to stay at work if you enjoy spending time with your friends that you have made there and it makes your job easier to cope with.
So how does having friends at work become beneficial to your work ethic?
This infographic by Officevibe explains in detail, 11 incredible reasons why it is important to have friends at work.
- 70% of employees say friends at work is the most crucial element to a happy working life.
- 74% of woman and 58% of men, would refuse a higher paying job if it meant not getting along with coworkers.
- +25% increase in morale and productivity for simple things like larger lunch tables.
- 50% of employees with a best friend at work reported they feel a strong connection with their company.
- 1/3 of adults has met at least one of their closest friends at work.
- Employees that have a best friend at work: 1.4x more likely to receive praise in the last 7 days.
- Benefit from 137% more personal development support.
- +35% higher commitment to quality.
- 1.3x more likely to receive feedback about their progress in the last 6 months.
- +27% higher perceived consideration of their opinions at work.
- 1.2x more likely to say that they have the opportunity to do what they do best every day.
RELATED: Why Friends at Work are Important