Recruiters spend on average 5-7 seconds looking at a CV…. It’s stats like these that are scary for jobseekers but you forget that the recruiter has a very trained eye and know exactly what they are looking for.
In this infographic from our friends at BeHiring, we learn the following:
- First applications are received 200 seconds after a job is posted
- Average time spent looking at a CV is 5-7 seconds
- One spelling or grammar mistake and your CV will be chucked in the bin
- 88% job rejection rate if you have a photo of yourself on your CV
- One in three employers rejected candidates based on something they found about them online
- An average of 250 CVs are received for each job position
- 68% of employers will find you on Facebook
- 17% chance that your cover letter will be read
- 76% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional
Related: What Happens To Your Resume When You Apply for Jobs Online?