While there may be significant studies about how social media distractions cost businesses millions of money, recent research conducted by James Fowler at UC San Diego shows that social media also contributes to enhancing happiness and productivity in the workplace.
An infographic published by Socialcast illustrates that happy and engaged employees are more efficient and productive workers.
From 51.4% to 47.0%, Americans happy with their work environment has decreased in the past four years. According to a 2009 study of US employees, the happiest and most satisfied employees are those who feel that their jobs are secure – no surprise there.
10 ways happiness can fuel success:
- Increased productivity: Happy employees are more likely to be engaged in their work and to go the extra mile. They are also more likely to be creative and innovative.
- Improved customer service: Happy employees are likelier to be helpful and patient with customers. They are also more likely to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
- Reduced absenteeism and turnover: Happy employees are less likely to call in sick or leave their jobs. This can save organizations a significant amount of money.
- Increased profitability: Happy employees are more likely to be productive, increasing organizational profits.
- Better decision-making: Happy employees are likelier to make sound decisions that benefit the organization.
- Increased creativity and innovation: Happy employees are more likely to develop new ideas and solutions to problems.
- Improved problem-solving skills: Happy employees are more likely to be able to think clearly and solve problems effectively.
- Increased resilience: Happy employees tend to bounce back from setbacks and challenges.
- Improved health and well-being: Happy employees are more likely to be healthy and have a positive outlook on life.
- Increased job satisfaction: Happy employees are more likely to be satisfied with their jobs and feel like they are making a difference.
Want some of that happiness yourself? Check out the 12 Kickass Ways to Love Your Job and Life.