What on earth is an employee advocate?
According to our friends at SocialChorus:
Employee advocates are socially engaged employees who create and share their employer’s brand content on their own social networks.
This means you basically have an army of marketers within your organisation and now it’s up to you to equip them with the correct training, tools and content to share.
Interesting employee advocacy stats:
- Social media provides a pool of 1.7 billion people your employees could engage.
- 92% of people trust individuals they know, whereas advertising is only trusted by 14% of people, and employees are twice as trusted as a C-level executive.
- 77% of customers are more likely to buy a product when it’s recommended by a trusted source.
- Employees can reach an audience 10 times larger than what your brand is reaching. Content shared by employees receives 8 times the engagement of content on branded channels.
- 1,000 employee advocates can reach 1 million customers, drive 50,000 social engagement and create 5,000 unique pieces of content.
- 78% of sales people who engage in social selling beat their quotas and outsell peers.
More on this topic at Employee Advocacy: The Ultimate Handbook.