To create a productive work environment, employers must first concentrate on their employees. Ensuring your workforce are happy, healthy and motivated means the overall quality of work will improve, as well as your company remaining a fun, innovative and exciting place to work.
Creativity is an important aspect of this. If employees don’t feel stimulated in the workplace, they will inevitably become bored and lacklustre in their role. So what are some easy, cheap and fun ways to ensure your workforce lets their creative juices flow? We’ve put together a list of simple tips that any workforce can consider:
1. Collaborate with someone you’ve never collaborated with before
Really excited to be bringing in these new leaders to Obey. It's always fun being able to work with new people and hear fresh, new ideas.
— Obey Antzro (@Antzro) February 12, 2016
2. Introduce a weekly/monthly meeting that’s all about ideas. Even if it lasts 10 minutes, it’s a good way to encourage fresh thinking in the workplace
3. Go for a walk to clear your head and brainstorm
Sometimes the best therapy to clear your head is a long walk and good music. ?? #justbreathe
— Nicole Sundquist (@GypsySoullife) February 16, 2016
4.Arrange a business meeting in an unusual place. ie. the zoo
5. Play music in the office
Busy day. Now listening to some calming music…in the office. It works! Try it!
— shay™ (@PCH888) February 1, 2016
6. Visualise your goals in a poster or infographic
7. Take an hour to read a book
You have zero excuses why you can't read a book now to broaden your mind!
— Opulent Couturier (@OpulentCouture) February 9, 2016
8.Draw a cartoon of your ideas
9. Crack open a beer and relax with your colleagues
Always say yes to after work drinks ?
— BryonySara (@BryonySara) February 6, 2016
10. Invest in better lighting for your office
11. Invite thought leaders into your office for a talk
— batyr (@batyrAus) February 18, 2016
12. Invite colleagues (of any level) to present a talk to the entire workforce
13. Don’t read any emails until 11am
Rule #1 in life, don't read emails first thing in the morning.
— Daniel Leon-Davis (@LeonXDavis) July 15, 2015
14. Create a wall of images that inspire you and invite everyone to add to it
15.Be more experimental
We are loving the new layout of the office! What do you think? pic.twitter.com/F7dpFHzlfV
— Oxford Adams (@OxfordAdams) February 12, 2016
16. Invite customers and clients for a drink personally
17. Cook a meal for your team
My reindeer cookies I made for work yesterday, need something to get through Monday's. pic.twitter.com/6pFtuc3wXT
— simply shelby (@eekitscharliexD) December 8, 2015
18. If you can complete something in 2 minutes. Don’t put it off – do it now
19. Allow flexibility
How to keep talented employees:
1 flexible work hours
2 training, empowerment
3 meaningful work
4 mentor, career path
5 strong compensation
— Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) February 11, 2016
20. Ask questions
21. Take part in an annual ‘job swap’ day – where colleagues can experience working in someone else’s role for a day
— Keeley Rathbone (@Keeley_Rathbone) June 23, 2015
22. Set yourself personal deadlines
23. Hold fun contests every week internally
I'm running a competition at work to see who could get the most new @twitter followers. I may have inadvertently started a war.
— Charlie Hinderliter (@cmhinderliter) February 12, 2016
24. Be as open and honest with your colleagues as you can
25. Never use the words ‘but we’ve always done it that way’