Talent attraction for banks can be very difficult, it’s a high pace industry with a very ‘men in suits’ image that in many ways is only appealing to men who seek to live that lifestyle.
It’s fair to say talent in most banking institutions are not as diverse as we’d like it to be, so we sit down with Debbie Celado, the Employer Branding Lead at Citizens Bank to understand the strategies she has put in place to take the company’s employer value proposition to a new level.
Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you will learn:
- What the corporate culture is like at Citizens Bank
- About Citizens Bank’s talent challenges
- What the number one challenge is at the company in terms of recruitment
- What employer branding strategy is put in place at Citizens Bank and why their EVP ‘Maximize your impact’ is the main driver of this
- What branding initiatives Debbie is most proud of
- What hard employer brand lessons Debbie has learned along the way
- Debbie’s top 3 tips for employer brand managers
- Why Zappos and Starbucks inspire Debbie’s employer brand process
- What’s up next for Citizens Bank’s employer brand