This infographic from Sample Job Descriptions shows the history of the job board.
It draws on information from Jeff Dickey-Chasings a.k.a. The Job Board Doctor.
- Monster and CareerBuilder (originally Net) began in 1994.
- The ‘Initial Steps’ involved the launching of Craigslist (1995) and Stepstone launching in Germany.
- Jobsonline became the #1 job site online in 1999, and niche sites began to appear in 2000.
- In 2002, Monster bought jobs.com for $800,000 – I wonder how much it would be worth now?
- In 2003, LinkedIn launched – a new era for job boards.