Recruiters get to meet their fair share of job seekers throughout their career, from the ones who absolutely nail their job interviews and soar through the hiring process, to those who are just a disaster waiting to happen from the get go.
There’s bad interviews, which I’m sure nearly all of us can relate to in one way or another; and then there’s the ones that are so excruciatingly awful they become pretty funny!
LinkedIn Talent Solutions recently asked recruiters all around the world to share their funniest interview disaster tales. They’ve created a video reenactment of some of the best stories, so that you can really get the full experience!
What can we learn from these stories?
- Give the ego a rest: Confidence is a really desirable trait, but arrogance will get you no where.
- Reel in the crazy: Employers don’t want to hire someone who appears unhinged and violence will certainly not be tolerated!
- Save the tall tales for elsewhere: Unless your interviewer is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, the probably won’t fall for any wild stories about fake work experience and skills.
- Don’t overshare: Information about your personal relationships and home life isn’t interview appropriate.
- Know boundaries: By no means should you hug your interviewer.
Have you heard any terrible interview responses that would rival some of these? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @UndercoverRec.