Had a stressful day? Co-worker winding you up? Super excited about a promotion?
Whether you love your job, or your patience is running a bit thin, lots of people turn to social media to off load their current thoughts and share their day to day experiences on the job. Though having a heated rant about something that’s put a bee in your bonnet isn’t always the wisest idea, sometime when I’m scrolling through Twitter I come across tweets which I think sum up working life to the tee.
Here are some of the top tweets about office life, co-workers and work in general which really hit the nail on the head (or are just pretty funny)
1) Those awkward co-worker encounters…
The most awkward part of the day is walking towards a coworker down a long hallway. Wave? Shout? Look down? Finger gun wave? #officelife
— Bearcatkid (@Lizerds82) February 22, 2016
2) When it takes your full effort to keep up appropriate email etiquette.
3) We all know it’s the best day of the month!
Tip-toeing into work, tap dancing out. #payday 💃
— Adam Franz (@franzera) February 23, 2016
4) The dreaded communal kitchen. Why are people such animals?
What is it about a communal kitchen that brings out the worst in humanity? #officelife
— Erin Thompson (@ErinNeedsCoffee) February 9, 2016
5) When someone steals your joke and gets a bigger laugh, action must be taken.
6) Office busy bodies…*sigh*
Today's episode of #OfficeLife:
Co-Worker sends email.
My phone rings.
Co-Worker: I want to follow up on my email.
Me: It's been 59 seconds.
— Jolene Haley (@JoleneHaley) February 23, 2016
7) The “people person” (Approach with caution!)
Coworker: Good morning
Me: *maintains eye contact while shutting office door*
— 🎄Sardonic Tart🎄 (@SardonicTart) February 22, 2016
8) A meeting about a meeting, discussing a future meeting.
9) The essential caffeine fix.
Is there ever such a thing as too much coffee? I'm about to find out #officelife
— Alexandra Scurtu (@aalexandru12) February 9, 2016
10) There’s always a weird one.
11) Separation anxiety…
I wish I could FaceTime my dogs while I'm at work
— Mia K. 🇱🇧 (@miakhalifa) February 22, 2016
12) When you absolutely love your job…oh wait no, you hate every second.
My boss told me to have a good day. So I went home.
— Joke Authority (@JokeAuthority) February 18, 2016
[Image Credit: Shutterstock]