What’s the secret sauce behind the enviable employer brand of Southwest Airlines? Find out in our latest piece with their People Director, Shari Conway.
A servant leader and HR professional in the airline industry for over 20 years, Shari’s job is focused on supporting the team members of Southwest.
Have a listen to the episode below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- All about the corporate culture at Southwest, and what the three core aspects of that culture are.
- What talent challenges Southwest are faced with and why they are no different to the likes of Amazon.
- What Southwest’s employer brand strategy is and what the words Warrior Spirit, Servant’s Heart, and Fun-Loving Attitude have to do with it.
- Why Shari is proud of the work Southwest does with younger candidates.
- About the hard lessons Shari has had to learn from during her journey with Southwest.