Today’s talent pool looks a lot different than it did 10 years ago. To keep up with the modern job seeker, today’s hiring process should have also changed and improved over the years.
The infographic below, compiled by Spark Hire, offers a number of solutions to common problems HR professionals face at each stage of the hiring process, from sourcing candidates to making the final offer.
Some highlights include:
- Only 55% of organisations have a proactive employer brand strategy in place
- 46% of talent leaders say finding candidates in high demand talent pools is a major barrier
- A solution to this is expanding your search and targeting candidate sources that see the most success
- 52% of hiring managers say that identifying the top candidates among the sea of competition is the hardest part of the hiring process.
- 77% of hiring managers say that recruiters’ screening processes are inadequate
- A solution to this could be using video interviews for screening candidates, so that they can be watched back
- Only 26% of candidates are given a detailed agenda before an interview
- Only 41% of talent has received interview feedback before
- The solution is to keep candidates in the loop throughout the entire process, so they know where they stand and put their trust in you
Making the offer
- 18% of candidates reject the initial offer and negotiate for a better one
- 74% of candidates want flexible hours, but only 45% of organisations offer it
- The solution is to offer candidates what they are worth and be open to negotiation
Check out the full infographic below to see where your hiring process might be lacking and how to best fix it.