To some, employee advocacy is just another buzzword or just another social media trend. But to others, it’s the bread and butter of their business.
Whether you want to call them employee advocates, brand ambassadors or change champions, it’s your most effective tool for maximizing your engagement with clients and customers.
Speaking to Ruth Penfold, Director of Talent Aquisition at Shazam, we get an understanding of how brilliant she is at maximizing the potential of employee advocacy and getting the most out of Shazam’s employees.
Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a quick overview of the questions and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What the corporate culture is like at Shazam
- Why hiring for engineers is a struggle for the company
- Why ‘magic’ is the most important factor for both their employer and consumer brand
- How the company uses personal branding strategies to maximize employee advocacy
- Why they pay their employees a staggering $4000 referral bounty
- Ruth’s top 3 tips for employer branding managers
- Why Ruth takes inspiration from Soundcloud, Slack, and Pinterest
Connect with Ruth on Twitter.
More on this topic at Employee Advocacy: The Ultimate Handbook.