It’s always difficult to achieve a good work-life balance. You could be working super hard in your perfect job, but if you’re not making the most of your life outside those hours, it won’t be healthy.
You need to be able to balance your ambition and your career, with your health and pleasure – as well as any education and personal development. Don’t forget your friends and family too!
This guide (by Brandman University and GettingSmart) will hopefully give you some tips to improve and gain a more rewarding balance.
Did you know?
- 55% of employees look at their work email inboxes after 11 pm at night.
- 30% of employees feel burned out and 27% feel emotionally drained by their jobs/work.
- 50% of employees say that work interferes with life responsibilities.
Want a more rewarding work-life balance? Follow these tips:
- Have a designated “tech-free” time each week – the CEO of YouTube bans all emails between 6-9 pm in her house.
- Exercise regularly to boost confidence and reduce stress – because stress is inevitable.
- Don’t just make plans, commit to them! No one likes to be let down.
- When you have vacation days, spend them instead of wasting them.
- Need a flexible schedule? Look for that in the company.
- Your News Feed can wait – real-life conversations should be your #1.
RELATED: Would You Pass the Work-Life Balance Test?