Are you always on the hunt for new vacancies to fill? Perhaps you have enough leads but simply want to keep an eye on the market?
If I gave you 10 vacancies / jobs today – how many would you be able to fill? Be honest with yourselves! The UK Recruiters I have surveyed recently tell me that they fill 2 out of every 10 vacancies that they fill.
However, I met a client yesterday who has managed to improve their fill rate by:
- Focussing on each recruiter and their own fill ratio.
- Getting that recruiter to go through a process of qualifying and being realistic about the quality of their leads.
10 Reasons why Recruiters Need More Job Leads:
Finding job leads / vacancies is a crucial part of every recruiter’s role. Every recruiter needs to:
- Know more about their sector.
- Gain inspiration on writing their next advert (or perhaps plagiarise?).
- See what their pesky competitors are up to.
- See what their ever-so-savvy clients are up to.
- Research skills bases.
- Research market expectations.
- Gage salaries / market trends.
- Demonstrate how clever they are.
- Increase the probability of finding the equivalent of the purple squirrel in job terms.
And what every agency recruiter really MUST do is HAVE MORE CHOICE OVER WHAT THEY WORK! (number 10!)
Imagine Having More Job Leads…
Imagine a day when you can cull vacancies which you have no chance of filling. Imagine a day when the jobs you advertise are a complete and accurate indication of your approach, client base and expertise. How about giving yourself a break from working jobs where the client has engaged with 20 other recruiters and saying “No thanks”. I know the recession was hard and I know that the word “no” seems to have been replaced with “oh, ok then” but this is just not great business sense.
Generating Job Leads Using Social Media:
Here are a couple of tips, and if you really want to go to town, see the slide deck at the bottom which has another 10.
On your LinkedIn Homepage there are 2 gorgeous places where you can see job leads:
- A little button called All Updates. Click it, choose Jobs… there may be some gold in there!
- Check out the Jobs You May Be Interested In widget (down the right hand side of your home screen). This looks at your profile, keyword matches to jobs on the LinkedIn Jobs database (currently 300,000) and does a lovely piece if personal shopping (lead generation) for you.
Heaven forbid you cross off the ones you are not interested in (thus training the system to work better for you), or press the See more option and look for more / set up email alerts – that would just be too easy!
Take a peak and see what results you get. Lots of my clients generate leads from these cute features. Don’t use the excuse that you have enough leads – I bet some of your leads you’d dump if you could find better ones. Want to improve your fill ratio?