First impressions throughout life are crucial. Sometimes you don’t get a second chance!
A first impression can be what you wear, what gesture you make to how you act. In fact, research has shown that non-verbal cues have over 4 times more impact than anything said.
Find out more in the infographic below, courtesy of Davitt.
- 38% of a person’s first impression is determined by tone of voice.
- First impressions are formed within 7 to 17 seconds of meeting someone.
- 55% of a first impression is what you wear, how you act and how you walk through the door.
- 26% of interviewees have a weak handshake.
- Only 7% of your first impression is the words you say.
RELATED: First Impressions – Is There a Second Chance?