Look around in the office. How many people are thinking about changing jobs? Who’s applying already? Who’s open to speaking to a recruiter?
Experts argue that 80% of working professionals could be described as “passive”.
Our friends at LinkedIn have taken a look at the breakdown of passive candidates, the truth is an overwhelming number of them are open to exploring new job opportunities.
- 44% of all working professionals are explorers – not looking for a job but willing to discuss opportunities with recruiters
- The number of ‘approachable‘ candidates outnumbers ‘super passive’ – in some places such as Australia and the US by a factor of 2 to 1
- 47% of professionals with less than one year on the job are explorers
- Explorers outnumber ‘super passive‘ – by a factor of 2 to 1
- When attracting to passive talent – reach out to your candidate of choice and get to know the candidate
RELATED: Why Employee Referrals Are the Best Source of Hire