I love a bold statement. “Employee engagement is dead” is up there. But why would a man who spent most of his career preaching employee engagement say that it’s dead?
We speak to Cliff Ettridge of The Team to learn why makes such a claim. Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Who Cliff is, and how he drives employee engagement (or was it employee experience) at The Team
- Why employee engagement is dead, and how the Internet has played a major role in this
- How Cliff tracks experience in real-time and why companies no longer opt to do employee surveys
- The definition of employer brand, why it needs to be lived by your employees not just your HR team
- Why you need to involve all departments when developing your employer brand
- The lack of spend and budget for internal communications nowadays
- The lack of diversity in employee communications and why we need to create an inclusive culture
- Cliff’s number one tip for employer brand managers
- How technology will play a huge part in the future of employee engagement.
Connect with Cliff on Twitter at @cliffettridge and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.