Where do you start with recruitment marketing? Effective recruitment marketing should always begin with listening.
In this episode, Katrina shares her take on employer brand vs. recruitment marketing, best practice in recruitment communications, tips & tricks around job descriptions, application processes, understanding what candidates want and much more.
For most of Katrina’s career, she has been a marketer living in a recruiter’s world – listening to both sides of the talent equation to understand endemic issues and conceptualize solutions for engaging and (hopefully) hiring better people. Today, she takes all of that listening and creates recruitment marketing strategies that work.
Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why recruitment marketing is more important than it has ever been because candidates are more decisive than they have ever been because they can. They can say no.
- Why the number one content challenge in the talent space is translating your authentic story into the practical application.
- What the difference between employer branding and recruitment marketing.
- If there a step-by-step guide to recruitment marketing.
- Why plagiarism is the biggest pitfall Katrina see’s in recruitment marketing.
- How to go about creating the perfect job description.
- Why landing pages increase the quality of applicants you will receive.
- If it is worth investing heavily in video job ads.
Connect with Katrina on LinkedIn.