LinkedIn is the social media enigma, the one social media site that seems to have a profoundly stronger impact on companies than it does on its users.
For people looking for jobs, LinkedIn is still just one part of a very difficult process. But for recruiters? It’s a gold mine. It is changing the world of recruiting, and the metamorphosis is just beginning.
The editors at Masters In Human Resources decided to research the topic and came up with a few highlights:
- 50.5%: The percentage of LinkedIn users who have complete profiles
- 0-2 hours: The amount of time per week most users spend on LinkedIn
- 48% of recruiters post jobs on LinkedIn and nowhere else on social media
- 73% of recruiters filled a position using social media in 2012, a 15% increase from 2011
- 89% of recruiters have filled a position using LinkedIn at some point in time
- 97% of all HR and staffing professionals use LinkedIn in their recruiting efforts