For the 5th year running, Jobvite have released their Social Recruiting Survey, which has become an industry benchmark.
When they started doing these studies social media was rising in recruitment, nowadays it’s gone full on mainstream.
The big 3 have had a spike in usage:
- LinkedIn continues to dominate social recruiting at 93% adoption
- 2/3 of recruiters now use Facebook, a jump of eleven points from 55% in 2011
- For the first time, more than half (54%) of recruiters now use Twitter for their talent search
Other interesting findings:
- Referrals are the highest-rated sources of new hires
- Roughly 2/3 (65%) of companies seek to increase employee participation in recruiting by offering referral bonuses
- 43% of those offer rewards of more than $1,000
- Recruiting passive candidates, found through employee referrals and social networking, is the most popular tactic for competing with other employers
- Offering higher compensation is least popular at 30% usage
To get the full report, you can download a free copy from Jobvite.