When writing your CV, are you guilty of a series of crimes against employment?
All rise. The CV court is now in session. Is your current CV doing your skills and experience justice? Are you courting a life sentence in the same job by committing these CV crimes?
10 CV crimes to avoid:
- Your CV should be a maximum of 2 pages.
- Your directions should be clear from your CV.
- Your CV is not aimed at your target role.
- An eye-catching, uncluttered CV will appeal more to recruiters’ senses.
- Showcase your pertinent experience, nothing else please.
- Don’t make the recruiter play detective to find out what they need to know.
- The penalty of not securing an interview will outweigh the effort required to present a sound case.
- Back up your claims with quantifiable achievements, LinkedIn recommendations can support this.
- If your dates don’t stack up, make sure you have some good answers ready for the recruiter.
- Check, check and check again to make sure your spelling and grammar do your CV justice.
Find out if you’re guilty below!
[Source Giraffe CVs]