This week on the Employer Branding Podcast, we’re with a Chicago-based tech company that has been through the peaks and troughs of business and now competing for the best talent with the likes of Google, Amazon and Facebook.
James Ellis is the Global Head of Employment Brand at Groupon. He is responsible for the global employer brand and its activation across all digital channels.
Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- The company culture at Groupon, and how they went from a tiny startup to a unicorn in the blink of an eye.
- Why Groupon’s talent challenges go hand-in-hand with the talent challenges of Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
- How James leads Groupon’s employer brand strategy.
- Why the customer-focused value is the most important aspect of Groupon’s employer value proposition.
- How Groupon activates its employer brand with real content.
- Why there’s no such thing as a company’s ‘best source of hire’.
- What employer branding success stories James is most proud of at Groupon.
- What James Ellis’s best 3 tips for employer brand managers are.
- What’s up next for employer branding and why it’s not about clever or sexy tactics.