Work/life balance is a concept including the proper prioritization between work (career and ambition) and lifestyle (health, pleasure, leisure, family) – according to Wikipedia.
It’s also very hard to achieve – how can you get a great one? balanceatwork.com.au help with the infographic below!
- Start with setting your priorities. Figure out what you want your priorities to be, not what you think they should be.
- Manage your time. Keep a strong focus on work at work, leave on time and use those extra hours to enjoy life.
- Say no with a smile. There’s no point volunteering for every project if the quality of your work is going to suffer.
- Make your job a friend. Seek out tasks and projects that you particularly enjoy doing.
- Schedule in fun. Sticking to a schedule will help to ensure that your work doesn’t eat into your personal life.