Now, there are a lot of ways that a lot of companies and recruiters use LinkedIn to get their next best hires, and the Australian telecommunications company Optus is no different.
Jaclyn Majarich is the Employer Brand Manager at Optus, and she reveals how they use LinkedIn very effectively to spread their employer value proposition and employer branding messages.
Content is King (and Queen):
- Inspire with storytelling: Share blog posts, articles, or even videos that depict real-life experiences of employees thriving within your company culture. Focus on the challenges they overcame, the skills they honed, and the impact they made.
- Highlight unique benefits: Use infographics, short videos, or carousel posts to showcase specific perks and programs not offered by competitors. Think flexible work arrangements, learning and development opportunities, or employee-driven social initiatives.
- Engage with industry trends: Participate in discussions on relevant topics, showcasing your company’s expertise and aligning your EVP with broader industry challenges or goals. This positions you as an attractive employer with a clear purpose.
Unleash the Power of People:
- Employee spotlights: Feature your employees! Interview them about their career journeys, passions, and contributions. This humanizes your brand and demonstrates the diverse perspectives and talents within your team.
- Behind-the-scenes snippets: Offer glimpses into your company culture through photos and videos. Share team events, celebrations, or casual moments that capture the essence of your workplace environment.
- Encourage employee advocacy: Empower your employees to become brand ambassadors. Create employee resource groups, encourage them to share company content, and respond to industry discussions about your company and its values.
Let Your Company Page Shine:
- Optimize your company page: Ensure your company page has a compelling banner image, a clear description of your EVP, and relevant keywords in your company information.
- Showcase open positions: Use the “Jobs” section effectively, highlighting how each role aligns with your EVP and the benefits offered. Add engaging video descriptions or employee testimonials to further entice potential candidates.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and questions promptly, participate in relevant LinkedIn groups, and host engaging live Q&A sessions with hiring managers or employees.
Leverage LinkedIn Features:
- Utilize LinkedIn Pulse: Publish articles and blog posts directly on your company page, addressing topics relevant to your industry and showcasing your company’s thought leadership.
- Engage with video content: Share employee testimonials, short company culture snippets, or even interviews in video format to capture attention and hold interest.
- Host LinkedIn Live events: Organize webinars, live Q&A sessions, or panel discussions with employees or industry experts to interact with potential candidates and showcase your expertise.
Measure and Adapt:
- Track engagement: Monitor which posts and content resonate with your audience. Analyze likes, shares, comments, and click-through rates to identify what resonates with your target audience and tailor future content accordingly.
- Seek feedback: Conduct polls or surveys on your company page to understand what potential candidates value most in an employer. Use this data to refine your EVP messaging and ensure it aligns with their expectations.
- Stay competitive: Regularly benchmark your LinkedIn performance against your competitors. Compare engagement metrics, content styles, and overall messaging to identify areas for improvement and stay ahead of the curve.
By implementing these strategies, you can effectively showcase your EVP through LinkedIn, attract top talent, and build a strong employer brand that resonates with your target audience. Remember, authenticity, engagement, and consistent messaging are key to success. So, get creative, let your people shine, and watch your EVP come to life on LinkedIn!
Have a listen to the episode below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• What “Tomorrow is ours to create” means
• Why they have a significant presence on LinkedIn
• What’Optus Live’ means and how it works
• Why they offer rewards
• What Usain Bolt has got to do with the company.
You can connect with Jacalyn here.