Today, 92% of companies use LinkedIn, Facebook and/or Twitter for recruiting, which makes social networking essential when job hunting.
Here’s what you need to know about creating a positive impression to help get you hired, courtesy of Jobvite.
- Almost all (86%) recruiters will check your social media profiles
- Recruiters don’t like seeing you consuming alcohol or making references to drugs
- Avoid posts of a sexual nature, profanity and spelling errors
- Recruiters do want to see memberships in professional organisations
- Best way to get hired is through referrals, 65% of companies pay for referral hires
RELATED: How Employers Use Social Media to Screen Applicants