Are you bored of your current surroundings? Maybe you fancy venturing out of your comfort zone and considering working in a different country. But if the idea of working with new people and trying to manoeuvre your way around a new building fills you with dread, then you might like the sound of working from home in a new location or with the option to travel.
Flexjobs has listed the top 10 international companies to watch for remote jobs in 2017 and the good news is – they’re all hiring!
Brie Reynolds, Senior Career Specialist at Flexjobs says:
These are the top 10 international companies because they were the internationally-headquartered companies that appeared on our list of the Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs in 2017. Out of our database of 47,000 companies, those 100 companies posted the most remote jobs last year, and these 10 specific companies were the only ones in that Top 100 that are internationally-based.The remote jobs they posted last year run a huge range of job types, including employee and freelance jobs, full-time and part-time jobs, flexible schedule jobs, and of course, all remote-friendly jobs. As people seek more work experiences that allow them to move freely throughout the world, jobs posted by companies like these will be in higher demand.
A report on employment trends by the World Economic Forum called flexible work, “one of the biggest drivers of transformation” in the workplace. Technology has made it even more possible to comfortably and competently work from a variety of locations and a number of companies have begun to embrace it.
The Top 10:
- Where? The headquarters is based in Dublin, Ireland.
- What do they do: They’re a global pharmaceutical company. Allergan develops, manufactures, and commercializes medical devices and biologic products.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Medical Science Liaison officer, Regional Pharmcovigilance Director or Business Development Manager.
- Where? The headquarters are based in Chatswood, Australia.
- What do they do: They provide search, text, and speech technologies, including voice recognition and social media services to a wide range of global clientele.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Social Media Evaluator or Linguist Consultant.
3. BCD Travel
- Where? The headquarters are based in Utrecht, Netherlands.
- What do they do: They’re a travel consultant company that helps individual travelers, procurement managers, and executives meet travel and leisure goals.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Corporate Travel Consultant, Meeting Coordinator Groups, Director Global Business Solutions and Technology Strategy.
- Where? The headquarters are based in Mumbai, India.
- What do they do: They provide writing and editing services for clients in the academic, pharmaceutical, and medical device sectors.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Freelance Writer, Chinese to English Translator.
- Where? The headquarters are based in Dublin, Ireland.
- What do they do: They are a global power management company specializing in energy-efficient solutions in electricity, mechanics, hydraulics, automotive, and hybrid power sectors, among others.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Area Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Director of Architecture.
- Where? The headquarters are in Reading, United Kingdom.
- What do they do: They are a digital marketing and advertising company specializing in website development and management, SEO, print and digital directories, and social media campaign management, among other services.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Advertising Sales, Account Representative.
- Where: The headquarters are based in London, United Kingdom.
- What do they do: They provide staffing and recruitment solutions to the biotech, pharmaceutical, healthcare IT, and medical device sectors.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Technical Writer, Biostatistician, Network Security Specialist.
- Where: The headquarters are based in Walldorf, Germany.
- What do they do: They are an enterprise application software company, SAP specializes in business intelligence, analytics, sustainability, and innovation.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Cloud Solution Architect, Senior Consultant, Customer Engagement Executive.
- Where? The headquarters are based in Beijing, China.
- What do they do: They provide English language learning services, and offers the American elementary school experience to students in China.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Online ESL Teacher.
- Where? The headquarters are based in London, United Kingdom.
- What do they do: They provide global payment processing on-site, online, and via mobile devices.
- What kind of remote jobs do they offer: Financial Analyst, Account Executive, Sales Executive.
Daniel Rosario, AVP of Editorial Talent Recruitment for Cactus Communications, says:
Cactus Communications is a global company with clients in over 170 different countries. Our clients are busy authors and researchers who often have pressing needs for editing or translation. Working with editors and translators across the globe enables us to leverage the benefits of talent in different time zones, thereby ensuring that we can accommodate client needs round the clock.
Moreover, it is imperative to provide our authors with the right subject area expertise. To do so, we literally go to the ends of the earth to find the best talent!
Of course not every job is suitable for remote working but there are many that are. Most jobs offer the option of flexible working, which is quite easy to set up thanks to the advances in modern technology. But if you fancy a change of scenery then now more than ever is the best time to apply for those international opportunities.