It’s widely reported in recruitment that there is a global tech talent shortage. Developers and engineers no longer need to apply for jobs; the sad reality is that 89% of Software Engineers have applied to less than 2 jobs in the past 5 years.
What does that mean to you as an employer?
It means you have to be very creative and innovative with what you have to offer these candidates. They are often passive candidates so you will need to be far more proactive in your approach. The biggest hints are job benefits, perks and career advancement.
Check out this infographic (by TalentPuzzle) for everything you need to know!
- In 2013, 30% of companies lost tech staff.
- 69% of SME execs feel there’s a shortage of top tech talent.
- There are lots of companies, such as Yahoo and bit.ly that host hackathons.
- More than 40% of millennials learn about employers on social media.
- 1 in 3 recent applications by recent graduates are motivated by employer branding.
RELATED: 7 Totally Insane Employee Perks at Tech Companies