Around 80% of the workforce is considered passive (ie open to talking, always looking or maybe available to talk) – the other 20% is happy with their job.

This infographic, courtesy of Marinated, explains the mentality of passive candidates and when to contact them for a job opportunity.

Takeaways:

  • There are 4 factors which influence a passive candidate:¬†the time they’ve spent at their current job, the company health, social network shift and explicit¬†availability.
  • Contact a passive candidate when they are 2-3 years into their current position.
  • When the company’s health is not looking good (for example at lay-off times) is the best time to approach a passive candidate.
  • Keep on eye on a passive candidate’s social media action – layout changes, and changes to a company’s connection – they may be looking for a new job.
  • There are a number of phrases that mean the same thing: looking for a job – make sure you spot these too!

RELATED: How to Rule Passive Candidates In or Out

This post is written by a guest author. If you are interested in submitting a guest post, check out our Guest Post Guidelines - we look forward to hearing from you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>