Everyone wants to create a good impression on their future employer. In order to do so, you must be the best candidate you can be. You want to stand out, to be different for all the right reasons and you want that person to have no other choice but to hire you.
How do you do this? Netsource have provided an infographic showing you 3 steps you can follow to become the perfect candidate:
- Make your CV stand out: 76% of CV’s get ignored because of unprofessional email addresses and 250 CV’s on average are received for each job position. Do not exceed 2 pages of A4 paper and use positive language like ‘developed’ and ‘organised’.
- Stand out on social media: 89% of businesses plan to use social media for recruitment now, and in the future. 86% of business plan to use LinkedIn for recruitment purposes and 68% of employers will find you on Facebook. 50% of businesses plan to use Twitter for recruitment in the coming future.
- Acing your interview: Be confident! The top 3 mistakes made are:
- Eye contact – 67% fail to make eye contact in their interviews.
- Have knowledge – 47% have very little knowledge of the company.
- Smile – 38% fail to smile in an interview.
In addition to this, the infographic provides the top 5 questions asked in an interview. These include:
- Tell me about yourself.
- When did you leave your last job?
- What do you know about the company?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Tell me about your experience.