Jennifer Newbill is the Director of Global Employment Brand at Dell and has a relentless focus on consistent candidate experience and engagement, including employment brand design and asset creation, vendor management, global recruiting tools and optimization, social strategy and measurement of candidate engagement, employee advocacy programs, global referral programs, and overall candidate experience.
In this episode we’ll be diving into how Jennifer built the employer brand team from the ground up, is competing with smaller tech companies, and differentiated their global employer brand to stand out. She has over 20 years of Human Resources experience including start-up and global Fortune 50 companies in various roles.
Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary, and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play or SoundCloud.
- Discover Jennifer Newbill’s role at Dell and what it is like to work at Dell
- What talent challenges Jennifer and her team are faced with currently at Dell
- How Jennifer started the employer branding team at the company from the ground up
- How Dell’s ‘Culture Code’ came to fruition and what five pillars are most important to their employees
- Where Dell can improve regarding their employer brand (hint: ROI)
- Dell’s best source of hire, and how Glassdoor plays a surprising role in this!
- Why AT&T, Cisco, Unilever and more inspire Jennifer’s candidate experience approach to employer branding
- Why we need to start getting to grips with automation in the recruitment process.
Connect with Jennifer on Twitter and check out Dell’s Instagram.