American workers waste approximately 2.09 hours each day — and that’s not including scheduled lunch breaks. So where’s that time going, and how much is it costing?
There’s nothing wrong with taking a break or two from the work each day, but it turns out we’re all wasting much more time that was previously thought.
According to a survey by America Online and Survey.com, American workers are wasting 2.09 hours per 8 hour workday, and that doesn’t include lunch or scheduled break time. Who’s wasting the most time, and what are they doing?
A new infographic by Online College Courses reveals a few interesting stats:
- 44.7% of workers waste time by surfing the Internet for personal use
- 23.4% socialize with co-workers
- 6.8% even conduct their own business in office hours
- 3.9% are spaced out
- 3.1% waste time by running errands off-site
- 2.3% make personal phone calls
- 1.3% apply for other jobs
- 1% arrive late in the mornings
- 1% plan their personal events.