Facebook is tipped to be THE place to recruit people in the next year or two. Social Recruiting has already started at some companies as we can see below. Take a look at this infographic to learn more about recruiting on Facebook. Do you have a social media recruiting success story? Is it as effective as traditional recruiting? Let us know in the comments.
In this infographic we learn that Facebook is of course the second most trafficked website in the world, only trailing Google. No less than 85% of internet users have Facebook accounts and this is why it’s high time to start building a Facebook talent community now.
Three quarters of internet users (74%) use Facebook daily, 57% of internet users have more than 100 friends on Facebook. And 58% of Facebook users have liked a brand on Facebook – the idea here is to get future employees to like your brand now.
Top 5 Brands with career pages on Facebook are:
- Starbucks – 27 million fans
- Red Bull – 26 million fans
- PlayStation – 19 million fans
- McDonald’s – 14 million fans
- Levi’s – 10 million fans
Job hunter Facebook stats:
- 84% of job seekers have a Facebook profile
- 48% of all job seekers have done at least one social job hunt activity last year
- 1 in 5 job seekers added professional information to their Facebook profile last year
- 16& of all job seekers received a job referral from a Facebook friend