It’s that time of year again – as Christmas gets closer and 2015 looms, we take a look back at the last 12 months of fantastic content here on Undercover Recruiter.
You can find the rundowns from 2011, 2012 and 2013 here before getting stuck into this year’s hall of fame.
Want to join the Undercover family and post in 2015? You can find the Guest Post Guidelines here – so get in touch!
So, without further ado…
Top 15 of 2014:
15) 21 Secrets to Nailing Your Next Job Interview by CollegeAtlas.org
13) 10 Reasons Why Your Job Interview Went Wrong by Monica Wells
12) 5 Questions You Must Ask a Hiring Manager During an Interview by Robyn Melhuish
11) 10 Things You Should NEVER Put on Your CV by Career Savvy
10) ‘How Telling Personal Stories Can Help You Establish Trust‘ by Jeff Newman:
Jeff Newman takes us on a private journey to explore why sharing a private thing is a great way of establishing trust, of getting to know someone more intimately and achieving as much transparency and better communication from hiring managers and candidates in the recruiting world. Read ‘How Telling Personal Stories Can Help You Establish Trust’ here.
9) ‘How to Answer the Top 5 Most Stupid Interview Questions‘ by Lesley J. Vos:
8) ‘10 Things Recruiters Can Do Before 10 in 10 Minutes‘ by Lisa Jones:
All recruiters want more time – they want to improve their reach, they want to be smart and innovative but they get into work and go all the way through to 5pm without doing anything. Lisa Jones suggests a new routine they can take on to get 10 things completely before the clock strikes 10am. Read ’10 Things Recruiters Can Do Before 10 in 10 Minutes’ here.
7) ‘What are the Top Interview Questions to Practice?‘ by Jennifer Young:
6) ‘Are Your Selfies Affecting Your Chances of Getting Hired?‘ by John Feldmann:
When applying for a new job, you always think to remove any drunk or inappropriate photos from your social media accounts – as they can send a negative image to recruiters and headhunters. Not just one, but the dozens of mirror pictures on your profile – John Feldmann asks what damage can they do? Read ‘Are Your Selfies Affecting Your Chances of Getting Hired?’ here.
5) ‘True Confessions of the Hiring Manager Reading Your Resume‘ by Tanya White:
4) ‘34 Crucial Tips You Must Remember for Your Next Job Interview‘ by College Atlas:
Job interviews are always nerve-wracking – you have to remember answers to questions, what to wear, how to act, who to speak to – so College Atlas have put together this handy guide with 34 of their most important interview tips. Read ’34 Crucial Tips You Must Remember for Your Next Job Interview here.
2) ‘17 Things You Should Never Ever Include in Your CV’ by Zoey Smith: